If you are travelling to Bali, Seminyak is one place you should never miss. It has an amazing beach and with the main street just a few steps away, many boutique restaurants and luxury hotels are conveniently situated. In fact, Seminyak Villas may be the best place to stay with their luxurious garden pools almost at the door of each villa. So here are 5 reasons to check out Seminyak.
- The beach – Known as Bali’s most fashionable beach due to the line-up of elegant and luxurious hotels and restaurants that line its edges, Seminyak Beach is clean and long with plenty of space for kids to play and the most wonderful sunsets. It is best in the dry season because in the wet season the wind causes waves to dump a lot of seaweed and other rubbish on the sand. That’s okay because the best time to visit Bali is in the dry season.
- Spas – It has one of the best and cheapest spas where you can get your hair done and have a facial, pedicure or almost anything else for $20 or less. Bodyworks employs over 80 staff so you are sure to get in at short notice.
- Rooftops – With the weather so warm and balmy, making use of the rooftops for alfresco dining makes a lot of sense. You can enjoy the view of the Indian Ocean and nightlights while you dine on your choice of amazing meals.
- Temples – You don’t have to travel far to see Pura Petitenget Temple because it is right beside the beach. Don’t forget to don a sari to cover your legs before you visit this quiet Hindu temple. The best time to visit is just before sunset as this is when the mossy sculptures reflect the light to the best effect.
- Fashion – Fashion boutiques are plentiful and the prices are incredibly cheap for what you get. Women and men are both catered for and you can also buy surfboards and imported surf clothing.
- Surfing – Seminyak Beach is ideal for beginner surfers while Anantara has the kind of waves that advanced surfers revel in. April to November are the best months for surfing with morning being the best time to avoid the trade winds.
- Tailors – The tailors in Seminyak have a well-deserved reputation for being fast, cheap and obliging. You can get a new suit or have your favourite clothing mended.
- Balinese arts and crafts – if you want a distinctive souvenir to take home go to the Geneva warehouse or Horn Emporium to name just a few.
- Seafood – Of course seafood is found in all of Bali, but it’s the cooking of it that makes the difference. Whether you get snapper dumplings from Mamason or go for the seafood buffet at Starfish Bloo, you’ll be delighted. And there are many more places to try.