No matter where anyone travels abroad on holiday, they will want to ensure that the available budget they have set aside for their trip, lasts them for as long as possible. This applies no matter where the holiday location is, but given that Bali is becoming an increasingly popular holiday destination, we thought it would be useful if we focus our attention there.
In particular we want to explain to you some ways in which you can save money whilst you are holidaying in Bali, and in turn, either allow you to buy more for the same amount or be able to bring as much of your money back home with you as possible. First, let us look at some quick money facts for when you travel to Bali.
- The currency in Bali is the Indonesian Rupiah which is abbreviated to IDR.
- The average exchange rate versus the Australian dollar recently has been about 11,000 IDR = 1 AUD.
- Most businesses in Bali are not allowed to accept Australian dollars.
- Cash is king in Bali as many market traders and small stores do not have credit card machines.
- Cash can be withdrawn from local ATMs.
- Larger hotels, stores and restaurants will accept credit and debit card payments.
Now you have the basics of money in Bali, let us now look at 7 ways in which you can save money when you are in Bali.